**** NOTE: My November 2012 posts have been lost due to system issues. They are: Good Guys Show, Nostalgia Drags and my Day of the Dead shoot...hoping to recover them. Sorry if you came here to specifically see those posts.

Thursday, May 19, 2011

2011 Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Car Show -- Part 3




 PART 3





Here's it is, the last in the trilogy of 
the 2011 Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Car Show.
(There will be another in a couple of weeks....see final words at bottom.)
Another angle of one of my favorite cars. More shots in the VLV Galleries.

The Bachelor Pad crew.
"Low Down Kustoms" of the High Desert...see more details of these rides in the VLV galleries.
A Caddy for on the town...
Caddy camping Viva Las Vegas style!
A Caddy for the ranch.
A Kustom art pinstriper bust.


Pink...Pink...Pink...Pink!

One bad-ass flaked green hot rod.
Tiki tough.
Tough swirl. How about that pinstriping?



Latina Lovelies...
Lowbrow Uglies... (Gotta love that cigar smokin' baby!)
Perfect '58 & '60 Chevys...more views in the VLV Galleries

Some rearview dangling Day of the Dead art...I love this stuff!

A burlesque touch.

Kickin' it out the window.

Great scallops!!





Yeah, doll, I'll have another PBR tallboy, thank you!
One of the baddest Kustom Buicks around.

In wrapping up I am supplying a link to a road trip journal worthy of a documentary film for the Kool Kustom Network on Road Trip Week! I'm talking about the journey for this '60 Ford Wagon and it's owner Larry Davidson from Justin, Texas ("Toptinman" on the H.A.M.B.) and his buddy Stevan. He journaled their trip from his home in Texas to Viva Las Vegas #14 via Route 66. He reported from the road daily with stories and photographs of classic Americana along the route with his posts to the H.A.M.B.
I hope some day I'm fortunate enough to take a trip like his; his story is an inspiration to hit the road!
With Larry's enthusiastic permission, here is the link to his great story:
VLV via Route 66 by Toptinman on the H.A.M.B.
Unfortunately, I got to the HAMB after VLV, so I was not aware of his trip journal as it was happening. I did, however, come across his nice wagon and took a photo! 
(in closing, final important words....below this photo)
FINAL NOTE...Okay, maybe you've seen all three of my VLV #14 posts and are thinking "Does he not like trucks and bikes? Where's the photos?"....I like them muy mucho and will do a post with both the bad-ass trucks and bikes of VLV #14 very soon. I think it's time to take a break from VLV for some other recent events  that are very Kustom-Cool. Also, as promised, the 2011 Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Car Show galleries are up!! Hundreds of photos worth checking out (trucks and bikes will have their own folders after the post). I'm excited to report that the date for VLV #15 has been set for the first weekend in April 2012!!
Thank you, thank you very much!



No comments: