**** NOTE: My November 2012 posts have been lost due to system issues. They are: Good Guys Show, Nostalgia Drags and my Day of the Dead shoot...hoping to recover them. Sorry if you came here to specifically see those posts.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

PUBLISHED!!

Good times at Viva Las Vegas --- my pinup shot makes the cover!
STREET MACHINE is the largest selling car/hot rod magazine in Australia. They celebrated their 30th anniversary this year. This September issue is on the stands now, mates! (Yes, I have Aussie followers).
The editor was in need of some additional photos for their VLV 14 coverage; he searched the Web and found this site. A couple email exchanges and Viola! I'm in print!

As far as I know you cannot pick up a copy of Steet Machine here in the US --- at least not easily. All you really need to see is here. (Insert one of those idiotic smiley faces here)

My six photos are mixed in with their photographer's. If you follow this site (that's a given right?) you've seen the photos in my "2011 Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Car Show" parts 1 & 2 (see the April & May 2011 archives.)

This photo is supposed to show my credit. Whatever -- you believe me.
Ironically, the worst photos I've posted here are photos of my published photos. Here are my girls again.
Both pinups here are my photos..seriously see my VLV archives if you haven't already. They look great in the mag, but this photo of my photos doesn't do the nice ladies' (or my photography) justice. Also, the Chevy custom in the bottom right, Garrettero.
Here I've got kind of a centerfold ---the John Parker and Alex Gambino super sleds and below the surf rat rod. 
Also, it's cool to share a page with the Gasoline Girls, (the "F" photo taken by SM)  Kristin & Lori. I met them at the LA Roadsters show and bumped into them again at the Mooneyes event back in July. Really cool ladies. (Lori far left, Kristin second from the right). 
That's it, but it's enough for me. Australia also happens to be the 2nd largest (in views) foreign country to follow my site. And I must thank the sweet, Liz Manning, my yankee Aussie connection for scoring me a couple more copies for posterity.
G'day mates!

3 comments:

Choppa Hanee said...

That's awesome Bill! Congrats!

John Straub said...

Wow...very cool Bill!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work!
Your Uncle Mike, Aunt Anna and the twins.