**** NOTE: My November 2012 posts have been lost due to system issues. They are: Good Guys Show, Nostalgia Drags and my Day of the Dead shoot...hoping to recover them. Sorry if you came here to specifically see those posts.

Sunday, April 17, 2011

LOWRIDERS: The Fort McDowell Show April 16, 2011 ~~ Part 1

Click on photos for larger image.
There were so many amazing rides and incredible paint I couldn't put them all in one posting. 
My one major regret is that I was all the way on the other side of the show-site grabbing a beer (it was in the mid-90's and the event took place on the pavement. This much needed beer was after two hours of shooting) when the previously delayed car-hop event was about to take place. I got there quenched, but too late. I ended up behind the crowd and couldn't see anything. However, I did get some video with a Flip camera I had to hold way up over my head. I'll have to see if I can post it at some point. Anyway, here's some images I came away with.





Old School...



This lowrider bike is a thing of beauty.
This bike was pretty amazing too...











This hood is the only hop photo I was able to get...
I'll be posting more lowrider photos from this event and add all of them (and others) to the Lowrider gallery in a couple of weeks....next week will be something different. Also, the big Viva Las Vegas Rockabilly Weekender #14 is just around the corner --- keep a look out for my take on that show of shows!

No comments: