**** NOTE: My November 2012 posts have been lost due to system issues. They are: Good Guys Show, Nostalgia Drags and my Day of the Dead shoot...hoping to recover them. Sorry if you came here to specifically see those posts.

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Phoenix Lowrider Show...2011


Kickin' it off Old School style...



At the big Lowrider show there is a competition and if you really want to compete you better your odds if you decorate and create a theme around your ride. The temp was in the nineties as opposed to last year when the show was in March and it rained. (That was prior to my site but I have some cool photos I will be posting...keep a look out) 

This '57 Chevy display was like a mirage; I heard waves crashing as I headed for the bucket of cervezas. They were only props...sweat rolled down my cheek like tear drops.
How about those fender skirts! 


I love Dia de Los Muertos art...
Here's a new school take on Dia de Los Muertos. I have another view of this ride in my April "Fort McDowell Lowrider Show" post --see archives.
More painted ladies....









There were a few bikes, here's a stand-out...



Yes, this is a backseat pole dancer.
A different direction...
How about this Cadillac Eldorado...
This time, as opposed to the Fort Mcdowell show (see archives-April 2011), I caught the hop. The fence was a disappointment as far as photo-ops. I wasn't clear on the reason behind it but once the hop action began I could imagine flying car parts. 
Really nice...

 As far as paint...it doesn't get much older shool than Aztec and Mayan designs. I love this stuff.

The mural on this ride says the car won't make it through 2012. I hope I'm reading it wrong.

How about this for paint...

I'm going to wrap this up with the car I most wanted to drive away in...
'60 Impala



I have un chinga mas lowrider photos and many from last year's tour. Stay tuned.


NOTE >>>> Do you want photos of your ride? I'm looking for pre-'70 rides to do individual shots of around town.  If interested email me. This includes Traditional, Rat & Kustoms as well as Lowriders.

No comments: