**** NOTE: My November 2012 posts have been lost due to system issues. They are: Good Guys Show, Nostalgia Drags and my Day of the Dead shoot...hoping to recover them. Sorry if you came here to specifically see those posts.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Back 2 Sku Cruise...Phoenix Lowrider Charity Cruise

The "Back 2 Sku Cruise" is a charity drive for needed school supplies and clothing for kids. With so many events like this through out the year for various causes it makes one think that the term charity DRIVE was coined because lowriders, hotrodders and bikers are such a literal driving force in helping out needy kids. That's pretty damn cool. 

My wife packed a huge bag of nice ready-to-wear clothes my kids have outgrown; I loaded it in the truck with my camera gear and headed out to South Phoenix.

The cruise was to begin at El Reposo Park and end about 6 miles north, downtown at Park Central Deli. I figured I'd get there early drive the route in search of cool spots to catch the cars upon their low layin' mission north.  Then I rounded back to the starting point and commenced with photographing the cars before cruise time.

























Back to the start with one more look at Night Owl's Chevy....

No comments: